Your role will be to work closely with our Backend, Data Science as well as Trading & Analysis teams in order to make our databases function in the most efficient manner possible. Controlling access to our data, improving the structure of the databases, looking for anomalies/inconsistencies, guiding team members to work with the database correctly and constantly striving to eke out the last bit of performance will be your bread and butter. As part of our Database team, you will be the critical central core around which the company will grow.
What you’ll be doing
- Help make database architecture and design decisions
- Develop PL/pgSQL scripts to speed up and automate common tasks
- Implement tracking of all database changes as code
- Set up roles, permissions and processes for accessing and working with the data
- Automate provisioning of the databases in our AWS cloud
- Review SQL queries written by other team members and give feedback
- Monitor and improve database performance
What you need to bring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field. Master’s degree or higher is preferred
- Extensive experience working with both relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred) and non-relational databases (Redis preferred) Knowledge of timeseries databases is a plus
- Detailed understanding of database version control systems (Liquibase preferred)
- Hands-on experience working with multivariate data sets.
- A good understanding of cloud technologies, particularly those dealing with cloud storage solutions
- Comfortable interfacing with monitoring tools like Grafana
- Applied experience with version control systems such as git
- Ability and willingness to work independently
If you are interested, please send your CV and a brief summary about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you!